Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: more Code Math

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the way I see it is that we are saving $5 per item (if we order only one thing per order) and getting it shipped to us for free.

    This is why (I think) it's only worth it to order the least expensive items (and to keep your order as close to just over $10 as possible).

    Of course, as someone said before (I think it might have been you, Julia [img]smile.gif[/img] ), you are only saving money if you would have bought it without the code. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ninasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Julia:

    100 x $10 = $1000. So, for 100 orders, you wasted $495 on shipping, but saved $1000 because of the code. That's $505 saving. Basically we only save about $5 for each order, even though it may look like $10. Still a good deal if you will eventually buy these items at full price.

  3. #3
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    Oh my goodness...perhaps you are right. Save up as much money as you can and have one huge shopping spree! I like that idea!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    100 orders x 4.95 Shipping = ...

    $495 in Shipping!

    AG's cap in shipping is $20.95 on orders of $250 and up. So take that $495 you just spent on shipping and subtract the $20.95 AG gets for shipping and you have $474.05 left to spend on AG merchandise.

    Since AG's cap in shipping is $20.95, I wonder if there's a certain dollar amount in Code buys that completely cancels out the benefit of the Code. I haven't figure out what that amount is.

    Which means, I'm done using the code. And maybe I'd be much better off if I just saved up, oh about a thousand bucks or so, and had a huge shopping spree? [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Julia

  5. #5
    Inactive Member adriana82's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2004
    Posts
    158
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Julia, I know what you are thinking.

    But, no matter what, you are still saving if the item is $30 or less, no matter if you place 1 order or 1000 orders. Because with the code, even paying shipping causes the total price to be less than the original product cost.

    I figured out all my savings, its about 25%, if your average original cost is about $25 an item. It will never "cancel" out.

    Because.... if you place 100 orders... you are saving $1000!!! Subtract your shipping cost of $475 and you have still saved $525.

    Ok, just a little more math to confuse you even more!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]confused.gif[/img] You all are beyond me...
    Anyone want to count beans or something? That's about my limit when it comes to math, especially at one in the morning [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 20, 2005 12:59 AM: Message edited by: StarTrekCaptain ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You guys are cracking me up with your code analysis.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The CODE is helping to keep our math minds sharp, LOL!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by judiaci:
    The CODE is helping to keep our math minds sharp, LOL!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh isn't that the truth! lol I've found myself actually adding up columns of numbers without a calculator just because I want an answer right away. Too funny.

    But it's a good thing I'm not a financial advisor or accountant. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Julia

  10. #10
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    While it is true that after paying $4.95 per order for shipping has diminishing returns after you get to the maximum shipping amount of $20.95 or $250 in merchandise. However, this is not putting into consideration that you also save $5.05 per order after factoring out shipping. If you ordered with the CODE $10 Kirsten Snowshoes for example, you are paying only $4.95 which is a 50% savings and free shipping.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •